I want to become accredited by Choose Cruelty free. What do I do now?
Where are the accreditation application forms on your website?
How much does it cost to be accredited?
How much does it cost to use your rabbit logo?
I want to use the Not Tested on Animals Rabbit Logo on my packaging and website. Where can I find the vector files?
Only CCF-Accredited companies are invited to use the Not Tested on Animals Rabbit registered trademark. In order to use the logo on your packaging, website or promotional material companies must become accredited, sign a licensing agreement and pay an annual licensing fee. Files will be supplied after licensing agreement has been signed and fee paid.
How long does the accreditation process take?
This is dependent upon the individual circumstances of your company - whether you use contract manufacturers and what documentation you/your manufacturers/your ingredient suppliers already have in place etc. Accreditation usually takes between 1-6 months, depending on these factors.
I use a contract manufacturer to make my products. They’re not on your list and they don’t want to fill out any paperwork. Can I still apply?
Unfortunately, no. Without the support of your manufacturer, your company cannot be accredited by our organisation.
I only want to get some of my products/brands accredited. Can I just apply to have them accredited?
CCF accreditation covers the entire corporate entity rather than individual products and/or brands. This is one of the reasons you may find companies on other lists that are not on ours. Given this, all brands produced by your company will need to undergo accreditation.
How often do I have to undergo re-accreditation?
This is dependent upon the individual circumstances of your company. Companies on the CCF List are regularly asked to undergo re-accreditation to ensure that they still comply with CCF’s criteria for accreditation. There is no fee for re-accreditation. If a company declines to undergo re-accreditation it is removed from the CCF List and added to this page of our website.
I have bought an accredited company / sold my accredited company. Can you please update your records?
CCF Accreditation and Licensing is not transferable. When an accredited company changes hands, the new owner is invited to apply for accreditation. If the new owner declines to apply, the company is added to this page of our website. If the new owner moves forward with accreditation the company will remain on the list. Depending on the individual circumstances of the change in ownership, CCF reserve the right to temporarily remove the company from the CCF List while the new owners undergo accreditation.
Can I apply if I use animal ingredients in some of my products?
I am the Australian distributor for a product, can I apply for accreditation?
What is involved in the accreditation process?
1. You and any contract manufacturers will need to complete and submit a Questionnaire & Application form.
2. You and any contract manufacturers will need to submit written statements from ingredient suppliers stating that ingredients have not been tested on animals ever or at least not within the last 5 years.
3. You and any contract manufacturers will need to provide to a full product list along with ingredients per product to CCF.
4. You will need to pay a one-off $100 administrative fee at the time of lodging your complete application. There is no fee payable by your contract manufacturer.
5. If the application is successful, your company receives for the duration of your accreditation a complimentary listing on our website and App, one announcement via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and listing in the monthly CCF eUpdate.
If you’d like to move forward with accreditation please complete the online form and we will be in touch.