Look 4 – September 2016
True Beauty is Choosing Cruelty Free Cosmetics!
- Products donated by Designer Brands, EverEscents Organic Hair Care and Kester Black
- Hair and Make-up – Nicole Groch
- Photographer – Andrew Raszevski
- Model – Frankie E @ Brazen Models
To re-create this look you will need the following products from Designer Brands:
- Onto clean, lightly moisturised, skin, using a clean dry latex sponge and my fingertip I applied DB Firming Age Revive Foundation in Warm Honey. I blended the foundation into the hairline, down the neck and chest area.
- I then applied DB Firming Age Revive Foundation in Light Sand over the top of my foundation as a concealor under the eyes. * Tip – always be sure to blend the lighter concealor shade well into your base foundation shade.
- Next I set the foundation by buffing on DB Natural Ground Minerals Finishing Illuminator, using their Vegan Kabuki Brush. This worked to not only set the liquid foundation, but it added a gorgeous, light reflecting glow to model Frankie’s face.
- DB Natural Ground Minerals Blush was swirled onto the apples of the cheeks, using a Vegan Blush Brush to give a healthy, warm flush to the face.
- I used the Mineral Illuminator as a wash over the entire eyelid area and also brushed a little, lightly under the lower lashes. Then I applied the Mineral Blush on the lower eyelid, blending up into the socket area and outer corner of the eyelid.
- To achieve model Frankie’s winged tip eyeliner, I applied DB’s Crème Gel Eyeliner using the small, angled, brush applicator that is found in the lid of the pot. I lined along the top lash line, flicking up and out, the line at the edge of the eye. I also very subtly and softly blended a little bit of the Crème Gel Eyeliner under the lower lashes.
- To really make the eyes pop, I darkened, lengthened and thickened, Frankie’s lashes with DB Beyond Amplifying Mascara.
- I completed this stunning, warm and glowing look by applying a light coast of DB Lavish Lip Gloss in Coral mixed with Baby Pink to Frankie’s lips.
These products from Kester Black:
I created the blue leopard print design using Kester Black polishes in Bubble Gum and Blue Raspberry using the Kester Black Nail Art Tool and a tiny nozzle.
And the following hair styling products from EverEscents Organic Hair Care:
- This bohemian hairstyle was created by first massaging EverEscents Heat Protector Cream and EverEscents Universal Styling Cream, into dry hair and brushing it through.
- Then using my GHD, I roughly glided over the top sections of the hair to smooth and defrizz it.
- To create shine and definition and to make the hair more pliable, I briskly rubbed between my palms, a dollop of EverEscents Organic Ginger and Lime Hair Wax, and then worked this through the length of Frankie’s hair.
- I then picked up random sections of hair and loosely created a collection of three strand and also five strand plaits. Next I loosened and roughed up the plaits and let the ends unravel. To stop them unravelling too much, I teased each plait just a little bit at the bottom.
- To create the shape, I grabbed random plaits, then twisted and looped them up to where I wanted them to sit around the head and secured them with bobby pins.
- I finished off spraying each plait with EverEscents Organic Hair Spray .