Choose Cruelty Free (CCF) is an independent, non-profit organisation based in Australia, which actively campaigns for an end to animal testing of cosmetics, toiletries and other household products.
CCF is an Animals Australia Member Society.
P.O. Box 12005 A’Beckett Street
Melbourne VIC 8006
37 O’Connell Street
North Melbourne VIC 3051
+61 3 9328 1377
+61 3 9328 2117
- To become an accredited cruelty-free company with CCF, you must fill in the
Questionnaire for Accreditation, including a legally binding contract.
- Accreditation and listing on this website, and in the printed booklet are free of charge.
- Once accredited, companies may opt to take out a License to use the CCF Rabbit Logo for an annual fee.
- See criteria for further information.
Online Contact Us Form
CCF is designed to:
- Encourage manufacturers and service providers to adopt a cruelty-free ethic.
- Survey companies which claim to sell products that have not been tested on animals and do not contain cruelly-derived ingredients and accredits (without charging a fee) companies which satisfy CCF’s criteria. Accreditation criteria is probably the most stringent in the world today. Accreditation and listing in the Choose Cruelty Free List (CCF List) is free of charge. The CCF List is a booklet listing companies and brand names that operate under a cruelty-free ethic, providing consumers with information so they can choose products according to their personal ethical standards. See the online version of the List here
- Make available (by way of a licensing arrangement) an independent, consumer recognised logo which manufacturers can incorporate in their labelling and advertising material to readily identify their companies as cruelty-free.
- Make people aware of their power, as consumers, to change attitudes about testing products on animals.